Tetsworth Memorial Hall is the village hall for Tetsworth, near Thame in Oxfordshire. Conveniently located just off Junction 6 of the M40. The hall benefits from a beautiful position, in the heart of the village, overlooking the large village green.
In 1948 the village of Tetsworth was given a gift of land from Halls Brewery to erect a War Memorial Hall. The village originally built a small wooden hall.
In 1952, fundraising events raised enough money to build a brick hall. The hall has always been well used but eventually it became unfit for purpose.
So, in 2013 with the help of grants from several organisations, including South Oxfordshire District Council and Tetsworth Parish Council, we were able to update and extend the building. And that is the hall you see today, a beautiful building, in the style of a traditional Oxfordshire barn.
We still have ambitious plans to continue to improve our village hall and to make it the perfect community centre for Tetsworth. Find out more on our Fundraising page.