Tetsworth Memorial Hall is a charity and is run entirely by volunteers. Whilst we access grants where available, successful fundraising is critical to us. We are fundraising continuously to ensure we have the funds needed to keep the hall well maintained and to continue our progress towards making it the perfect community hall.
How can you help?
- Attend an event – every event we run helps to generate funds.
- Volunteer – we’re always looking for people to help at the hall and at events. Just an hour here or there makes a real difference to us! You could help in any number of ways from social media, general admin, gardening, decorating, organising events and more. If you’d like to know more, email Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Play the SO Charitable lottery and you could win up to £25,000. 50% of the ticket sales are donated to the hall.
In 2013, we undertook a huge project to update and extend the building. These works transformed the hall and the village. But, there is still more to do if we are to make Tetsworth Memorial Hall a perfect community hall.
Our more recent improvements include:
- New air source heat pump heating and hot water system installed.
- New audio system installed, including a hearing loop, microphone and speakers throughout the hall, meeting room and gardens.
- Patio doors installed to provide direct access to the back garden from the main hall.
- We had the exterior of the hall re-stained, providing another 10 years of weather-protection for the building!
- Insulated the ceiling of the small meeting room to help heat this room, and the office above, more efficiently.
- Modernisation and refurbishment of the kitchen
- Installation of secure store area
- Installing solid permeable surface in car park